View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod81 View Post
well i hate to cancel the texting plan since she does text her mom very often who has the oldest phone known to man (think Zack Morris against a locker here).
If you cancel the texting plan and use a free SMS app off the App Store, she'd have an actual number that her mother could use to text to her. Although it would be an inconvenience to have one number for calling, another for texting. But aside from having separate texting/calling numbers, it's exactly the same. Except with ads… I should say. And did I mention free?

I feel your pain. It's insidious that texting isn't considered data. It's outright highway robbery. And my wife won't even consider the above option because it's too inconvenient for others to have multiple contact numbers. Oh noooo… she'd rather drop 30 bucks a month to send texts unlimited.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks