View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod81 View Post
Hey guys
My wife has a 3Gs and literally never gets online with it. The only reason she won't let me get rid of the iphone is because she likes how text messages look like conversations where you can scroll through everything that was said between herself and whoever she has text in the past.
Could someone tell me what this "conversation type texting" is called... is it SMS or is that something else? I am hoping to find a phone that offers the "history" of the text conversation that she can scroll through that is NOT on the iphone so that I can cancel our data plan and save the money monthly...
So, if someone could recommend a phone that does not require a data plan that allows the text history conversation style please let me know. Even better if the phone were touch screen and closely related to how an iphone is set up.
To be honest, your best option may be to cancel the texting plan, block texting completely, and use one of the free or low-cost SMS apps off the App Store. You get an actual phone number with those apps when you register so anyone can text to you, but you have no control over the number or area code you get.

Barring that, if she only texts to other iPhone users, the upcoming iOS 5 will have a new iMessage feature that texts over the data channel to other iPhones running iOS 5. If that's the case (a big IF, I know), then you can do the same… kill the texting plan.

The only other suggestion is to go to an AT&T store (assuming you are in the US) and see what they have to offer and see if something else will fit the bill.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks