View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMabus View Post
On a side note. We had been PC'ers for a long time always with questionable service without a doubt. We now have two iphones with batteries on the fritz. I was told tonight on the phone with customer care (in another country) that I needed to be prepared to pay to be told I only needed to add an ave to my address to hook up my phone. I am also now realizing the quality going into our mac hard drive is no different than a PC as apple tried to explain to me that that some hard drives fail in 6 months. I hope apple will take a lesson from the dell story as this is headed for a bad ending. I am just really disspointed.
You are correct, hard drives are made by hard drive manufacturers - not PC makers like Dell, Apple, et al. So, you could very well be using a Dell computer with a Western Digital hard drive and an Apple with that same exact hard drive.

And all hard drives are mechanical devices - so much like with a car, it's not a question of "if" it's going to fail, but "when". Some tend to be more reliable than others, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a crap shoot and your data is your bet.

This is why savvy computer users have been backing up for years. Fortunately, with technologies like Time Machine and inexpensive external hard drives, it's never been easier.

Remember, there are only two types of computer users in this world: those who have lost data and those who will...

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!