View Single Post
brokeenthusiast

brokeenthusiast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by durand216 View Post
I can see your issue,

I am currently deployed in Afghanistan and have had my macbook pro 13.3 this entire time. I MUST use windows in order to conduct my counseling sessions for my soldiers and who wants to work on these dinosuar dells. So i loaded VMWare fusion with a windows XP OS and boom...i am portable and able to conduct business on the go. I am running a 13.3 intel 2.26 with 6GB and 500GB Seagate Momentus XT ( SSD/HDD ). I can honestly say that i am FLYING fast right now and will not need another MBP for atleast 2-3 years. I would suggest ditching the powerbook and porting your HD from work to a bootcamp partition. i know you dont want to part with powerbook but sometimes we gotta flow with the time. Maybe you could buy a refurbished MBP and upgrade it to your liking since your using this home and office reasons. just a thought and good luck.
That sounds like it would work great. Any helpful links on how to do that? It may be self explanatory when setting up boot camp I just have no experience with the newer apple software
QUOTE Thanks