View Single Post
StMFA

StMFA will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2

I'll chime in with my situation. I am a college senior, so the iPad did not exist when I was a freshman.
That said- I started off with a Thinkpad and it worked OK, was a little big and clunky, so I eventually bought a netbook for something more portable and began leaving my thinkpad in my room except for when I had to meet to work on group projects or needed to do some serious library studying.
After buying an iPad2 at launch I can honestly say that is WAY better than lugging a laptop around, especially if you get a nice folio case to go with it. I would also suggest getting a stylus so you can take some handwritten notes with it. IMO it will work quite well for most scenarios unless you happen to have a class that requires you to be constantly typing in a lecture situation.

I'm all for having a mbp and an iPad, though personally I eventually opted for an iMac for the better performance as I do some web editing, gaming, etc. So yes I no longer have that portability, but there are plenty of apps that for the iPad that will let you get around many of the limitations (splashtop remote desktop is a great app).
QUOTE Thanks