View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMabus View Post
Hello all. My wife has an imac which is about 3 years old. Just a short bit ago it would not boot, no nothing, nada. We took it to the apple store which was a disspointing result. We were told the hard drive was unrecognizable by the store and they put a new drive in. I now have the old drive mounted in a lacie enclosure, and went to connect it as an external hard drive for grins. The newly rebuilt computer would not recognize it. We have a back up which is one year old and the biggest disspointment is loosing about a years worth of kids pictures. We are considering a recovery service but I am worried about waisting time and money. What do you all think on this? Also would I be better served trying to do my own recovery with special software? If so what software do you all recommend.
DiskWarrior is widely considered the gold standard in recovering data from crashed hard drives. But it is pricey and you can't try before you buy.

Another option is Disk Drill. It will cost you nothing to scan your drive and it will tell you if it can recover anything, but you will have to buy it to do so.