View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

This is just extremely odd. PatM mentions that there are a number of plug-ins in the root Library's Plug-Ins folder, and I think that the lack of them is the problem. Most of those he lists are optional 3rd-party ones, but a couple are part of the system… QuartzComposer and the QT ones in particular. I'm gonna try a test of something and post back in a few.

EDIT: Well nevermind that. I temporarily deleted the root plug-ins folder and I was still unable to replicate the problem. I'm fast running out of ideas. Do you have any other apps running in the background? A system-wide ad-blocker is about all else I can think of at the moment that it could be. I see in your screen shot a number of menubar extras. Can you tell us what those all are?
QUOTE Thanks