View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP View Post
Today I received my '07 MBP back from Apple (logic board replacement) and I'm having a rough time trying to situate with using applications built for an OS so old (OS 10.4.11). I tried to post this question to the Apple discussion forums (apple.com) only to receive an error that my post was left blank (as it would clear it each time I pressed submit). My question is:

Is Snow Leopard available for digital download on the apple.com store?
No.

Quote:
I would like to be able to use new applications such as Adium and the new Safari, both incompatible with this OS. I do not live near an Apple store (the closest being an hour away) and would like to handle this tonight if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions or an answer to my question?
Sorry, but you can only get a retail copy on DVD. If you have a Best Buy nearby, they should have it. I would suggest waiting for Lion (it's expected to drop on the 14th), but there seems to be no upgrade path available if you aren't running Snow Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks