Thread: Log In Problem
View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
No joy. I could only copy the folders to desktop, kept getting message that OS X needs them cannot delete or modify.

I have read that this might be caused by an update in Leopard, anyway it looks like I'm not on my own with this. Maybe wait and see if Lion cures it?
It might, it might not. I had an odd issue with my wife's account some time back in that she couldn't log in through any method. After trying everything in the book, and some things not in the book, I finally had to re-import her user to fix it. Here's exactly what you should do as a last-ditch effort:
  1. Make a complete backup of your system from another admin user (not your malfunctioning one). You can use SuperDuper to make an exact clone of your system on an external drive. Or if you have the space, partition your drive and clone it to the new partition.
  1. Once cloned and verified, delete the user account you are having problems with; reboot; then re-migrate that user account back from the cloned copy that you made.

Hopefully this will fix your problem. Short of this, I can only recommend making a new user and manually migrating your data over.
QUOTE Thanks