View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Quote:
So I decide to format and start all over with a fresh installation with the snow leopard DVD. (This is all legit software by the way, OS X came with the computer, and I bought Snow Leopard in a shop myself).
Did you erase the hard drive first and do a clean install of Snow Leopard? The reason I'm asking this is that when reinstalling Snow Leopard over the top of itself, it will not remove applications, documents, plist files, user settings, etc. It only overwrites system files and kernel extensions.

I'm thinking that the left over remains from your first install of Xcode are still hanging around and that's why it doesn't like your password. Try this: Do a Spotlight search for anything Xcode and remove it. If that doesn't work navigate to:

MacIntosh HD/your user name/library/preferences and delete anything that has to do with Xcode.
QUOTE Thanks