View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

I moved your post here to our wireless forum where it will likely receive more replies because of the subject matter. Our forums are primarily for questions and problems dealing with Apple hardware, Mac software, etc. However, many of us own Windows computers in addition to the Mac.

The first thing I would ask you... is what kind of wireless system do you have setup and which form of encryption are you using if any? It almost sounds as if the error you're getting has to do with encryption. If your router\modem is setup using WPA2 and your network card can only "see" WEP, the connection will fail. Of course it will still work via ethernet.

What you might try is to turn off all encryption from the router and test the connection in the clear. Your iPhone works because it understands WEP, WPA, and WPA2. Maybe your Dell notebook does not as it is an older model.
QUOTE Thanks