Thread: Log In Problem
View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
Hi,

Since I got my iMac it's just been me using it with no log in.

I've now added daughter an account. When I attempt to log in nothing happens just the background screen.

Ellie can log in fine and I can then switch user to me with no problem.

I can have it set that I automatically log in with no problem.

It is simply when I switch the machine on, log in window appears with both our names, I input my password and then nothing just the background screen as I said.

Anyone know a solution?
Hmmmm…. this is a tough one. Well first thing to try is repairing permissions. You can use Onyx to do this.

If that doesn't work, use the Cleaning tools in Onyx to remove the various cache files.

If that fails, locate the following pair of preference files and drag them to your Desktop:
Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist
Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/loginwindow.plist

On rebooting, OS X will make fresh copies of these. If this fixes it, trash the originals you moved to your Desktop. If it doesn't fix it, you can put the originals back, or just trash them if you are satisfied with how it is logging on with the defaults for now.

If none of these work out, please let us know so we can keep nipping at it. If it does work, please let us know for future reference.
QUOTE Thanks