View Single Post
misguided

misguided is on a distinguished road

Thanks for lightning fast reply Chas.

I had a feeling the answer was going to be as you replied, based on what I've read elsewhere.

I agree with you about the software. Im new here and have fought for lots of the most recent software, but the guy I work with loves the old stuff and kinda refuses to move on from it - so working with his files is a nightmare. I will pull him into the year 2011....eventually.

I have my old power-pc here next to my feet. I was going to try and fix it and restore it to how it was so that I can use it for the older files - as you have suggested. It just means running two macs which aint a problem.

I thought it was the drive that died - but the motherboard light is flashing or is red - some airflow / conductor error ?!?! or something like that (I might have actually dreamt that)... it broke down months ago..

As you can tell, Im quite new to the mac world - but hopefully I can get it up and running again.

Thanks again for your advice. At least now I can confirm it all to my boss and sound like I know what Im talking about.
QUOTE Thanks