View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Assuming the music files are all in one folder on the NTFS drive. (If they're separate as individual files it will be a daunting task to change permissions for all of them.)

Move the entire folder to the Mac. Once on the Mac, right click on the folder and select "Get Info". Click on the small lock at the bottom of the dialog, and enter your admin password. Set the permissions to read and write.

Note: It may not be necessary to reset permissions. Move the music folder first and test it to see if it's read and write on the Mac.

I've got a NTFS external drive that I use for my PC and the files that I copy to my Mac are mostly read and write. But I have come across occasions where they will be read only.
QUOTE Thanks