View Single Post
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
It's just something i have experienced, those reviews you have to take with a grain of salt, and develop your own opinions from doing tests.
Quote:
Well every so many years they come out with new processors to replace the old, and increasing the speeds of RAM, to DDR3 with the newer i's. The C2Ds are still being put into machines, maybe not as many Macs, but Dell is still dishing them out in their business class ones, which i work with everyday, and they are quite powerful compared to the i5 I am typing on now. Now not everything that comes out will be better than the old, it all comes down to the user, my opinion is obviously different than yours. I for one am still using a Palm PDA instead of getting one of those iPod touches or iPhones which are extremely sluggish compared to my Palm because i actually use it for work, and not *****ing around. It all comes down to you, if you feel the need to upgrade eevry day when something comes out, that's up to you to waste money like that. I like to keep things until they literally die, but that's just me.

You are so far off base it's not even funny. My i3 iMac is significantly faster than my C2D Macbook at pretty much everything. Running everything from Geekbench to Cinebench to XBench to Handbrake to MS Word to Adobe PS 5 in the real world the i3 wins hands down. Period.

Quote:
Going back to the original post rather than this irrelevant CPU discussion
You're the one who made it part of the discussion with plainly false statements.

Not sure where you are getting your bogus info from but you need to get a grip.

Sounds to me like the OP has some hardware issues, likely the HDD. I would recommend making sure the RAM is all showing up and working properly. A bad module/lack of RAM could cause this issue as well.