View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I think smart folders could still get the job done though. Especially if the files will have the same name each time. Then the folder can be saved and the results will update each time it is opened. If the files would have different names each time the process of creating the folder is the same but new filenames would need to be added. Here's how I did it with a small set of sample data:

1. From the Finder's File menu Choose New Smart Folder
2. First Search criteria is Kind is Image. A new bulbble will appear next to "Kind" set it to the type of graphic -- Tiff
3. To start creating the Boolean search Press the option key and choose the + sign at the end of the first rule.
3. Set the option that appears to "Any"
4. Choose Filename and set its parameters for the first filename. Then click the + sign (not option +) at the end of that line to add another filename. Do that for each file name. You should be able to grab the results and move them to your script.

The Option + trick I learned from Barney- 15E at the Apple forums.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks