View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

It really does not matter whether or not a disc "can" be installed on more than one machine by "some" method. You need a licensed copy for each machine. Compared to Windows pricing of $200-$400 and the OS X price of $30, just how cheap do they have to go to discourage piracy? You need one disc per one machine, unless you have a Family pack license, in which case you are allowed up to 5 installs to Macs in your household.

Moreover, the original discs that ship with Macs will only install on like machines. Even if you can get it to boot on the iMac, a disc that shipped with a Mac Pro is not going to install on an iMac. Yes, it will verify the hardware you're attempting to install to.

Leopard is not going to install on any machine that shipped with SL. The drivers required would not exist on a 10.5 disc..

You need to get the original discs that shipped with those 2 iMacs to install SL on them. Either get them from the individual or call Apple and ask for a set of replacement discs.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks