View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips69 View Post
I've been playing around with downloading & installing programs and generally tinkering around to try & improve my knowledge, but I've a query I can't seem to figure out despite doing numerous google searches:

I've got a single .dmg file, which I believe is an Apple image file of some sort (similar to an .iso presumably) that I need to get onto a DVD so that it will autoboot.

I've currently got this on a memory stick, but have tried burning to a DVD (on my PC) as a file, but it's not autobooting on my Mac as it should.

I've downloaded ISO Buster which supports .dmg files, but have no idea what to do with it to get it onto a DVD in a bootable format.
Assuming it is supposed to be a bootable disk image, you'd need to burn it with Mac software. There are a number of freebies… SimplyBurns is one of the better ones.
Download SimplyBurns for Mac - Burn CD/DVD media. MacUpdate.com

I'm not familiar with this one, but it comes highly recommended.
Download Burn for Mac - Easily burn data, audio, video disks and more. MacUpdate.com

Or since you have a memory stick (USB flash drive, I assume?), just try this trick:
Search for Simplicity: Make a Bootable USB from a DMG

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks