View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struis View Post
I'm using a DVI to VGA block. Problem is that the previous monitor used IS a real 23" Apple monitor, LCD. But every other resolution tried by the Mac or OS could be displayed by the monitor, even if it shouldn't be supported. So I don't think that's the problem.
Well did the previous Apple monitor have any issues??? And it still may well be the CRT. The Mac thinks it's connecting to an LCD and may be using a combination of display resolution and refresh rate that is unsupported by the CRT. And why would you install the AMD64 version of Ubuntu on a Mac? These use Intel CPUs.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks