View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDD888 View Post
Didn't know that. I wonder if carriers will lock the iPhone 5 too.
It's in their interest to do so, so probably. I don't know why they don't just charge a fee to unlock, it would be a huge moneymaker for them in Canada as nearly every Canadian will go visit the States from time to time, whereas now everyone just avoids using their phones when they go down south, or they pay the roaming fees ... ONCE ... and never again because now they know how expensive it is.

I did check with some dealers today and discovered that all the Canadian carriers will unlock your phone for you (for a price ranging from free to $50) as long as you have been with them on a contract for "X" amount of time (varies from carrier to carrier). Seems fair enough to me.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your iPhone and iPad when you get round to them. I waited till now to get an iPhone 4 because I refused to get locked into a three-year contract, but neither did I want to pay full retail. Found a nice compromise thanks to someone selling their extra one, so now I have a shorter contract and a cheap iPhone 4.

Now to figure out what to do with this working-perfectly original iPhone ...
QUOTE Thanks