View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcpjg View Post
That's what I've been doing except I have Migration Assistant open on the target mac (the new one) and when it tells me to, I restart the source mac (the G3) in target disk mode and the icon is a-bouncing, but even after 15 mins, Migration Assistant on the new mac says it's waiting for the source mac to restart.

I still think I'd be better off just using a disk (or flash drive) or would that just be a pain in the you-know-what?!
Your terminology is wrong (the G3 is the TARGET, the new iMac is the HOST), but otherwise it sounds like you have things started up properly. Chas has already summed up what the problem must be. You can instead try connecting the two computers together on a wired ethernet connection and use the Network option rather than Firewire. Both will have to be turned on as normal.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks