Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
06-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by twitchymike@mac
I've suffered severe loss of performance for about 6 months or more, searching for a reason why so much time is lost on beachballs, unable to click on anything.
Once you realized that this was an ongoing performance issue (rather than waiting 6+ months)...you could have posted here ASAP!
We hear about this sort of problem all the time (beach-balls, apps taking forever to load, slow response to mouse clicks, etc.).
Sure you would have gotten some initial advice to:
- check the HD with disk utility
- repair permissions
- reformat & reinstall the OS
But some of the suggestions would have been..."bad hard drive".
In any case..congrats on figuring it out...too bad you didn't post sooner...maybe we could have saved a bunch of frustration.
It's amazing how a faulty HD can slow down a super fast 8-core Mac Pro!
- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery