View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDude121 View Post
I appreciate all the advice guys. Unless I can get a really good deal on a G5, I suppose I'll keep saving until I can get an Intel Mac. PowerPC is dead unfortunately, and it's only going to get further and further behind the times. I'd rather have a machine that'll last me another 5 years, than to have one die or become obsolete in 2.
It's a very tough decision...but the smart one. I'm not sure how much you have saved so far...but if you really want a Mac Pro 1,1 (1st generation)...I think that you have a good shot at one for around $800-$900.

Thus...if you can get a Mac Pro 1,1 for $800-$900...this means you could certainly get an older Intel iMac for less...and an Intel Mac-mini for even less. And I know from personal experience that a Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz MacBook can be occasionally found for $350-$400.

I know that you don't live near a big city where you would have a better shot getting something less expensive on Craig's List...and the last time I suggested e-Bay...you didn't seem very receptive to that! Without Craig's List & e-Bay...this REALLY limits your ability to find less expensive older Mac's.

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks