View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by diazlueantz View Post
so basically my memories is not enough.
Memory and Hard Disk space are two different things. Memory is purged every time you turn your computer off. It's the space that programs are loaded into in order for the CPU to be able to execute them. It's important to understand this distinction as it plays a huge role in troubleshooting a problem like this.

Quote:
no worries i am using parallal destop. I still got another question chscag. Like my case, when on the process for partition then my mac is hang and i am push the power button. is tat the memory we prepare for the partition ( 32GB, 64GB, etc) will stuck ? or the system will roll back ?
It doesn't sound like it got far enough to allocate the space to the second partition. So, it shouldn't be stuck - if it is, you'll want to run Boot Camp Assistant again and it should roll back to a single partition.

Be advised that OS X likes a LOT of free hard disk space. Usually 20% or more of the drive (so, for example, if you've got a 100GB drive, you shouldn't even use more than 80GB). When it runs closer than that, your Mac will start to bog down and often fragment.

With hard drives as dirt cheap as they are these days, there's no need to struggle with an inadequately sized drive. I would recommend swapping it out, which on a MacBook is a fairly simple process.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks