View Single Post
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Wow - scary thread. I'm glad it's here though - I just made a calendar entry to remind myself to change my auto-save prefs - although - even as I type this - I may rethink that. I'd hate for it to auto-save after this bug hit. I'm a chronic cntrl-s or cmd-s'er. I always have been - so no worries there. Good to see the note though advising not to save should this happen.

Definitely reinforces the good practice of disciplined backups. Additionally - when drafting large docs - I tend to have them broken into small documents for a while - before starting the consolidation process.

Scary bug - but some good advice as to how to avoid.

I hope you are able to retrieve your document Michelle. I'd definitely recommend visiting the Office for Mac forum linked above in this thread and contributing to the bug thread Razor found.
QUOTE Thanks