View Single Post
powermac G5

powermac G5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: *27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
LOL nowhere near a Mac Pro!

Mactracker advises Geekbench on a 2.5 Quad comes in at 3284, on the original 1.1 Mac Pro at 2.66GHz, 4833 a difference of 50%, and add to that add faster memory, graphics and Intel processor not even close. Was also a Dual Core user and lover in fact, but PowerPC architecture is long finished alas. This thread typifies the G5 problems with newer software alas:-

New to G5 need to load CS5
Are you correcting me or helping the poster? Said darn near close not even matched? as well yes nearly 50% more as tests would show for the reason apple sold out to intel, PPC just a stepping stone....got them were they are today. Lets give the poster what they need in their budget rather than voice what is not sufficient to another's standards. Thought maybe my opinion would be treated with respect rather than laughed at. I have a small list labeled of my current systems and they are mere toys to yours but I am trying. The G5 quad with the right hardware will offer a good to great experience. Not every one can afford the pro. G5 still decent for those who want the power from a mac with out breaking the bank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0144.jpg (925.6 KB, 64 views)
QUOTE Thanks