View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Check with your carrier to see if they will unlock your iPhone. Couldn't hurt.

Basically, what needs to happen here is that you need to UNLOCK your iPhone 4. I believe at least some carriers in Canada will do this if you've been on their plan for x amount of time; a fee may be involved.

Once unlocked, you leave your Canadian SIM card at home (seriously, unless you love HUGE roaming charges, do not even take the SIM with you). When you arrive at your destination country, inquire about a cheap local GSM SIM and a calling or data plan as you like. This will be MUCH MUCH cheaper than any roaming package.

I have an original iPhone I had to unlock in order to use it when I moved to Canada (Victoria, specifically). I have a US SIM and a Fido SIM and just put the appropriate one in depending on which of the two countries I am in.
QUOTE Thanks