View Single Post
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Just be aware the 2.5GHz Dual Cores are liquid cooled and at now some six years of age, many reports of leakage. If funds run only to a G5, look for a 2.3GHz Dual Core which is air cooled, or even better a Mac Pro as Intel machines are far superior to PowerPC.

Leopard OS X.5.8 is the last OS for PowerPC machines and after the release of Lion OS X.7 next month support may well cease for the Leopard system.
Oddly enough, I asked him and he says it's fan cooled. I think only the Quad 2.5 Ghz were Liquid cooled. I checked MacTracker to confirm, and I can't seem to find a 2.5 Ghz Dual core. Only 2.0 and 2.3 Dual core. The 2.5 is quad core... I'm not sure if this is some strange rare model, or if it's really a quad 2.5 and he doesn't know it's liquid cooled.
QUOTE Thanks