View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFlurrie View Post
Hi!

I bought an iMac last year which emitted that constant, "grumbling stomach"-type noise, even when I wasn't doing anything. (It also had a slightly yellowed screen, but that's another story). I found the noise really irritating so I sent it back.

Now that listenupsteve.com no longer exists, I have no clue where to check whether or not this issue has been addressed in the May 2011 release of the iMacs. I think Seagate drives were the biggest culprit noise-wise; are they still being used in this new update? And while we're at it, are yellow screens still an issue? Would love to hear feedback from anyone who's bought one of the new iMacs. Thanks!
I have last year's iMac and have no problem with a yellowing screen or noisy hard drive. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you just got a bad unit and there's no inherent "issue" to be fixed? Those things do happen.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks