View Single Post
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

So long as your email provider supports IMAP then your email will work no matter how you access it.

Quote:
I just need to be able to go upstairs and, very simply, have the same computer that i just left downstairs.
Time Machine isn't going to do that for you... what with the time required to do the restore etc.

Quote:
I COULD have a sync program that would sync the applications folder, but that won't catch the prefs. plists and such...
Why wouldn't it?

I guess I'm missing something here but if you use something like FileSync You configure it to sync matching folders on each Mac and have it run at regular intervals or at certain times or manually kick it off.... however you choose really.

This will sync everything you need to the Mac Mini.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks