View Single Post
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkuma View Post
Is this the part where I need to download some type of software onto my mac in order to "log and transfer" my mts files? What exactly do you mean by log and transfer? Do you mean conversion? Thanks for your help.
Do you have and/or plan to use Final Cut Pro as you had mentioned in this thread: M2TS or MTS ?

If the answer is yes, then Final Cut Pro will do what it needs to with the files in their native folder hierarchy (DO NOT TAKE THEM OUT of the subfolders that are on the card - they need to remain within the AVCHD hierarchy they are in when you record on the camera) - it's under the file menu and it's called Log and Transfer.

If you don't have FCP, but plan to use it and need to just archive the footage until you get in front of FCP, you need to follow my first point from this thread: M2TS or MTS

Now, if you didn't follow what I had said in the original post and have taken the mts files out of the AVCHD folder hierarchy then you will need to transcode them using some other software, in the future DO NOT take the mts/m2ts files out of the AVCHD structure - FCP (and iMovie and FCE) are all able to import AVCHD footage, yanking them out of their folder structure causes problems.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks