View Single Post
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbrick
Well, this is a solution, but it doesn't address my needs cause then my girlfriend can't play it. I would own the game...and only I would be able to play it. ...unless there's another way or I'm missing something here... (I guess I must have missed this point in my previous post) I did try setting 'everyone' to allow 'read and write' ability, but that didn't fix it...I'd get an error just before the actual game loads.

Oddly enough though...splinter cell allows me to share ownership of the game to all managed accounts....I still have a lot to learn about Mac OS X permissions.
You need to read up on unix permissions. particularly regarding group permissions.

If you create a group called games and make sure that all the game files are owned by that group and that the folders containing the files are also owned by that group then you can simply attach that group to anyone that needs to run the games. You cannot do this without getting terminal savvy though. :p

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks