View Single Post
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Make sure you have a current backup before you start.

Once the new hardware is installed, you'll want to install OS X on the SSD. Once the install is finished, boot up holding down the Option key to select the SSD as the start-up disk. Create your account, identical to what it was before the SSD install.

The way I'm going to do it, is keep my home folder on the HDD, and the system and applications on the SSD, so directions will be for that.

Delete everything except the Users/Home folders on your HDD. Then go into Accounts in System Prefs. Right-click on your account, and on the Home Directory line navigate to your old Home folder on the HDD. Once set, restart the computer and you should be booting from the SSD, and have your account on the HDD.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks