View Single Post
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_Brian View Post
The iPhone doesn't have a true push system like the blackberry. However, if you setup your gmail account as an exchange, you can get push. Other wise you are using a pull method. In my opinion, if you are a heavy email user, the iPhone will NEVER do what you want it to do. I currently own an iPhone 4, and if I wasnt in front of my computer all day, I would own a blackberry.

edit, setting up the gmail account as an exchange, and pushing the data, will have a HUGE effect on battery life. I can go two days on a single charge, with the exchange account I get about 1/2 a day usage.
Actually, Push for Gmail on the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad works exactly as it should. You can set the frequency for the Gmail server to push to the iOS device. It will do exactly as the OP wants. As emails come in, they are sent to the iOS device and a notification alert is sounded (if you have that option turned on). There is nothing lacking or wanting with the way iOS handles that and a BB or Android or WebOS phone will not do any better (or any worse, I'd imagine).

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks