View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I'm about to splurge on a new macbook for my wife, but we're going to be running windows 7 on it almost exclusively. Win 7 on my 2007 MBP runs fine, but the fan support just isn't there. Are there any annoyances with the current gen stuff I should be aware of before going this route?
If she intends to primarily use Windows 7, I suggest instead of buying a new MacBook that you purchase a PC notebook for her. For the same price that a MacBook will cost you, you can buy a nicely equipped PC notebook and run Windows 7 64 bit.

I run both Windows 7 and XP on my MacBook but only for those programs that I can not duplicate in OS X. I use both Boot Camp (Win 7) and Fusion (XP) but the majority of my computing is from OS X.

You've probably heard of SMCFanControl for OS X.... they currently have a version for Windows they're testing. (It's in beta.) You might want to experiment with it - but take note that it's a beta.
QUOTE Thanks