View Single Post
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

I have found another shortcoming with the iPad. I have an Airport Express that I bought specifically for hooking into wired hotel ethernet so I can create my own wifi network. I haven't used it in a while since I have a Mifi Hotspot for US use. I am about to take an overseas trip - and was thinking about bringing the Airport Express. Unfortunately there is no way to configure an Airport Express without a full computer.

Most posts say - you can configure your Airport Express once for hotel access and it should work for most hotels. I agree with this but there are a couple of configurations that work for different hotel setups - so if I guess wrong then it isn't going to work - and there is no way to change that on the iPad.

Several forum members have railed against having a program to configure your access point - and I used to think what is the big deal? Well if I had a regular travel router any web browser would allow me to configure it - hence I could just bring an iPad. Until Apple makes an Airport Utility App for iOS - it messes up the convenience of a Airport Express paired with an iPad.
QUOTE Thanks