View Single Post
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElegantEsthetic View Post
I will be writing (and Ben Brooks has written) a post on the various versions of OmniFocus; to summarize both, the iPad version is simply the best version that can stand on its own; it's great for inputting tasks and there's really no better way to review what you have going on.

For my own personal use, though, I also have the iPhone version; this way I can input tasks while I'm at work and use the location-aware contexts to have a notification displayed when I'm near a location that I can get something done.

All-in-all, $60. For what you're getting, it's really not that bad.
I agree - as a stand alone task management system I've looked long and hard at the Omnifocus products. My issue is that my groupware is Microsoft Exchange. So for personal tasks I think Things and Omnifocus are superb. The problem is - if I want to assign a task to someone on the Exchange server - it doesn't really integrate, whereas IMExchange is using the tasks in Outlook.

For $60 you are talking about having the iPhone app -$20 and the iPad app -$40. Unfortunately, The Omnifocus product for the Mac alone is $80 on their website and I don't usually see their stuff discounted.

I would like to have one system for my tasks - so my other requirement is a Computer App or Web Page, an iPhone App, and an iPad app. So for Omnifocus as a standalone the outlay for me would be $140. That is a little steep for task management for me.
QUOTE Thanks