Thread: IMac questions
View Single Post
Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

Recent switcheR here. All of the above responses are very helpful. There is a free option to your Document concerns that wasn't mentioned. Openoffice will open MS word files and save that way as well. You just pick the type of file you want it to save as. I have iWork and honestly have not used it at all. I continue to use oppenoffice for spreadsheets and creating documents. Eventually I will have to use keynote for presentations, and that is found in iWork.

As for the finder concerns, think of it as the search option found under My Computer on windows. But better and easier. It finds things that you can't remember where they are basically. And help you stay organized.

On apple.com there are tutorials available on everything you have questions about. There are links on the homepage at the bottom that say New to Mac, they are a great help to newbie questions (like the kind instill have haha).

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks