View Single Post
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

The only thing I don't like here is having this in the news section. It's more an FAQ then it is news. And it'll just just get buried in the news topic if it's left here. I'd almost think about making a new area in the forums for these kind of topics. I'd throw in the antivirus and other faq's in the switchers topic in this new are too.

The new are would just have these faqs. For easy access. People could reply to the topics in there but only mobs could add in new topics in there. Simply to ensure the faqs are well written before they went in there.

This would remove the number of stickies in other topics. Cause I get the feeling the mods here don't us to have to wade through a page of stickies before we get to the topics we want.

This way the faqs will have their own special area. And there wont have to be a million stickies in other topics or these topics getting buried on page 5 of other areas. Plus this is an FAQ and not really news. And then we can update the FAQs so they don't get outdated.

That's my feelings on this. And apart from all that I like the idea of these kind of FAQs. I'd really like to see one written on Hard Drives. Specifically on how SSD and platter hard drives work. But explained for everyone to understand. Cause many people don't know the pros and cons of each one.

Another one explaining i3 vs i5 vs i7 would be nice. But this one suffers the issue of becoming outdated quickly whenever intel updates their cpus. Cause from I've read fast and the high number is not necessarily the best.

Well back on topic. The FAQ in question here is written well.
QUOTE Thanks