Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

First - you will want to get the 64GB iPad if you plan on putting your entire iTunes library on it. As you get apps, which will be generally larger in space requirements, for the iPad, that 3GB of space will disappear very quickly. The only time I would think about upping the videos and music on my iPad is if I was going away for a bit. Ramping up the media for a weekend or so, no big deal. Keeping the iPad at the verge of full, not a good idea. Apps need room to expand and pull in data saved.

I just bought my Mac - not even in hand yet - and I have moved my iTunes library through 5 computers in the last 8 years. There is no need to "format" the iPad. If you are keeping BOTH the PC and the Mac, then I would suggest moving your iTunes library and data to an external hard drive and make sure to point iTunes to the external drive on both machines. I share my library between 2 PCs now with no issues. You just have to remember to plug the drive in (and at least on the Windows side) make sure it has the same drive letter that iTunes is set for.

Again, there is no need to "format" an iPad for either PC or Mac. It is its own machine.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks