Thread: iMac on my HDTV
View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

First some clarification. The adapter you settled on is a mini displayport (mdp) to HDMI. Then you talk about looking for a mini-DVI to HDMI adapter. These are not the same thing. DVI and displayport are two separate and distinct connections as are their mini cousins.

Your iMac has a mdp, so it's a good thing you didn't find a mini-DVI adapter as it would not have fit. Second, the mdp on your iMac will output audio. So, there is no need to get some adapter that combines audio and video.

Please see the following thread:

Connecting your Mac to your TV

I would suggest reading through the first 4 posts.

Related specifically to your questions you'll find post 2 item 3 and post 4 to be useful.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks