View Single Post
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsboy18
So then what is the point of setting up a seperate Standard user for day to day uses? Seems a little extreme IMO just to protect some of the preferences.
I agree, I use the admin account for day to day use too, there is no point in actually doing anything other then that if you are the only user on the system. Although some of my friends have windows based pcs and I like how windows has a guest account built into the opperating sytem which gives the person enough control over the computer to do what they would do on a persons computer when they are a guest at their house, and nothing more. Although I guess you can just create a managed account with restrictions and name it guest. But yes, I do use the admin account for day to day use.
QUOTE Thanks