View Single Post
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I think that you should simply get over it! You got a working computer...Apple gave you no hassles doing all of the exchanges...now you're good to go.

Technically speaking...all computer companies have detailed policies regarding dead pixels on the displays. And let me tell you...normally you need way more than 1 dead pixel (unless they're clustered together) to be authorized a replacement computer with most computer companies. So the fact that Apple let you exchange it with only 1 dead pixel was a favor to you!

Enjoy the computer...and move on!

- Nick
Well, technically speaking... he could very well just have returned it no questions asked, since it was still within the warranty period, and they knew that. Add to that, he also bought Applecare. So he is covered no matter what. Some may see a single dead pixel as no big deal, but if you're working in the graphics industry or similar, then it's definitely a big deal and I'm sure they'd sympathize. This is where Apple is known for their great CS standards. It's not just because they have to honor their warranty policies...

I've known people whom were WELL out of their warranty period, and have had their MacBooks just go dead, and have had them replaced for free with brand new models! (base models of course, but that's amazing to me)

As for the OP's claim however, I don't see it as an issue whatsoever. I just see it as trying to get something for nothing. I loathe that kind of thing really. It's that kind of mentality which is bringing the U.S. to its knees with the whole "you owe me" and "I'm entitled" mindset.

Sorry for the rant, I guess.

Doug