View Single Post

Member Since: Mar 29, 2011
Posts: 5
Gefagahaga is on a distinguished road

Gefagahaga is offline
Hello all!

So I was upgrading a Mac Mini Core Solo to Duo when I accidentally hit a small rectangle shaped thingy on the bottom side (i.e. the side facing the bottom) and it fell off.

The thing in question is called "C7598" and lies in the area underneath the R36 resistor and the CPU socket (inbetween those).

I've uploaded a pic of the area. You can see what has "fallen off" a bit to the left from the center of the pic.

So my questions are, what is this? Can it be soldered back on and if so, can I use the one that fell off or should I buy a new one? Which specs in that case?

Many thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00159.jpg (570.6 KB, 37 views)
QUOTE Thanks