. I'll take this one first. $1000????? let your friend find some other suc... uhm... customer for that machine. You can buy a brand new MB for $1000 - with warranty The 8GB RAM - Retail is only $100 or less The Raptor - again, only $99 from Amazon" /> Mac Forums - View Single Post - Is this a good deal on an iMac i7?
View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

4. I'll take this one first.

$1000????? let your friend find some other suc... uhm... customer for that machine.

You can buy a brand new MB for $1000 - with warranty

The 8GB RAM - Retail is only $100 or less
The Raptor - again, only $99 from Amazon

The $700 you want to offer, imho that's about the most that 3 yr old machine is worth. $600 would be better. It's not worth that much if you ever intend to do any 3D gaming on it - won't do it.

As to the other questions:

1. Yes
2. No one knows for sure since it's not out yet, but sure looks like it will be at this time.
3. Guess that depends on your definition of quiet. You need to test that out for yourself. I've read that drive is quiet, but I've read the same about many that are anything but.

And the dual core 2.3 i5 is $1199 and already comes with 4GB. Not any reason for most folks to upgrade. Even so, an 8GB upgrade kit is only $113 here.

That 2.3 i5 will blow away that 2.4 C2D and you're sitting at $1312, not $1499.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks