View Single Post
Randy B. Singer

Randy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Wonder how many users actually use Font Book and the Validate Font utility when these problems pop up in Office?
There's no telling.

I do know that because so many Mac users tend to hate Microsoft, and hate having to use Microsoft's applications (they feel forced to use them because they are a de facto business standard), that a surprising number of users are hostile to the concept of doing *any* troubleshooting when they have a problem with Office.

I touched on this in another thread here on Mac-Forums. Some Office users are so hostile towards Microsoft and their applications that when I try and help them they keep repeating that Microsoft products are "garbage" and they refuse to follow instructions for troubleshooting and fixing their problems.

When I assure them that not everyone is having the same problem, and that it can probably be fixed, they usually become mad at me and say that Microsoft shouldn't have released a product that can "break" so easily!

This certainly makes it hard to help! Oy!

(Personally, I use and love Microsoft Word, and haven't had a moment's problem with it since the days of OS 9. But I use Word 2008, and won't upgrade to 2011 until I hear that all of the bugs have been worked out.)

Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
OS X Maintenance And Troubleshooting