View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Disk Utility is suppose to be able to safely re-size partitions without data loss, but I've never done it.

However, all of those other utilities that can do the same which I have used time and again without issue, I've seen them on the rare occasion of 'something' happening to cause data loss.

Don't know if DU will only re-size HFS partitions or any format - a google would probably answer that.

If your external is formatted as HFS, and you feel the internal is about to die, I'd probably try a Time Machine back up instead of resizing and doing a clone. A TM backup can be written to a drive with other data on it - but it has to be HFS.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks