View Single Post
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBDTHRU View Post
Honestly, I had 4GB before, Safari crashed all the time, and it would get really slow. It was definitely worth the 100 bucks to upgrade. OWC is the way to go as well, really happy with it so far.
From what I can tell, Safari uses way to much memory in it's current version. It either has a leak or simply doesn't release unused memory when it's done. This happened on my Quad G5 with 10.6 and happens on my wife's iMac, my iMac and my Macbook all running 10.6.6. Apple really needs to address this issue and the answer shouldn't be "add more RAM".

For what it's worth I'm looking at upgrading my iMac to 8Gb and my MacBook to 4Gb of RAM respectively. I'm probably going to go with OWC since I've had luck with them before.

QUOTE Thanks