View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkr77 View Post
Ian, thanks - advice taken. I will just assume that once I have a reliable EHD, that my imac wont even break a sweat when running TM, and the CPU wont spike and temps wont raise and it will be nearly transparent to me (initial backup excluded)? Hoping that is the case.
I have had Time Machine active for some time on my MacBook Pro. First as an external drive directly connected to the computer an now with a drive connected to a Time Capsule. In some programs I get a very brief screen blink when the hard drive mounts the sparsebundle file TM uses for a network-based backup. Thats about the only indication and most of the time I don't notice that.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks