View Single Post
Phacade

Phacade will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 21" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac, 12GB Crucial RAM

Ironically (or perhaps not), as I'm talking of replacing my tired old dinosaur, my wife has simply had it with her little Dell lappie and is talking of getting a MacBook Air...wow! In one stroke we might both go Mac.

Now if I can only find a way to keep the kids off my new Mac.

On a side note, it did occur to me I could get an iMac, use it for a year or two, and then go Mac Pro for myself; giving the iMac for my kids. They're 5 & 7 now, so computer use for them is pretty much limited to whatever they can find on Nickelodeon's site, but in a few years, they'll need a little more than the tired old WinXP box can provide.

My other thought right now is the baseline Mac Pro, the Nehalem processor, still comes with only 1066-speed memory while both the dual Westmore processor and i7 iMac comes with 1333; so waiting a year or two for the baseline Mac Pro to "catch up" may be smart money.

I think I just talked myself into an iMac.

21" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac "Sputnik" ■ 12GB Crucial RAM ■ Monsoon flat-panel speakers ■ HP P1006 LaserJet printer ■ Full Keyboard ■ Canoscan 9000F flatbed scanner ■ ...and then of course me (being a narcissist, I consider this to be the most important mod).
QUOTE Thanks